Re: [oc] Verilog coding style for Open Cores-RTL - Case in pointSHA1

Marco Antonio Simon Dal Poz wrote:

>>>AFAIK, the industry is trying to steer in the direction of discarding
>>>Synopsys. Please, correct me if I am wrong...
>>>

>>You are wrong, very wrong.
>>Synopsys is one of the Industry leaders.
>>

>Maybe I forgot to specify that I was talking about the FPGA world.
>Anyway, why do FPGA vendors tools are discarding the use of Synopsys FPGA
>Compiler? Recently I compared performance obtained with FPGA Compiler and
>Cadence tools. I noticed a better synthesis time and higher clock
>frequencies achievable using Cadence.
>
>Marco Antonio
>
>--

Allow a student to inject some comments. I was taugh PASCAL in grade 11,
and Modula-2 in freshman year, but the world is using C.
I really don't want to end up learning "PASCAL" or "modula-2" (VHDL)
while I must use C (verilog) in work....
Or the converse....