[oc] Newbie question - matricies and vectors for physics

Forgive me for asking dumb questions, but I'm new at this stuff.

I've been wondering if there were any cores that can use matricies such as are used in 3d transforms in graphics and also for solving sets of linear equations. My intrest lies in the lack of hardware available devoted to even simple Newtonian physics. Hardware devoted to collision detection and field interactions would also go a long way in the educational and research fields.

Thank you for your time.

Do you Yahoo!?