Re: [oc] Verilog coding style for Open Cores-RTL - Case in point SHA1

Le Mardi 20 Mai 2003 03:20, John Dalton a écrit :
> > ... There is no
> > QA, or even such basic things as verification at OC. Designers
> > verify their own cores ! This is horrible in my opinion. ...
>
> The theory of opensource/free is that, in addition to any
> verification by authors, users will verify each core and
> contribute bug fixes.
>
> To me this indicates that two actions should increase the
> quality of OpenCores:
>
> 1) Add a bug tracking system to OpenCores.
> 2) Instill a culture among uses that fixes and bug reports
>    should be contributed back to OpenCores (via the bug
>    tracking system).

Beside that you could launch an "other" project that you could called
opencores or Debian Cores or what ever that package the core and try to
improve the quality of the core. That's the purpose of debian in regards of
free software.

nicO