Re: [oc] Inquiry

> *  Secondly, supposing you wanted to release your FPGA's source code.
> How would you do it?  Would you provide your customer a floppy of the
> FPGA's source?  Include it in a tarball with your software images (if
> you distribute software)?  And what would your customer do with it?  I
> suspect that he would think you were a lunatic if you gave him several
> directories of raw Verilog on a floppy.

Just a quick note:
there are various companies listed on the OC website, which offer support
and/or guidelines in case customer wants more than a floppy.
For most this is still probably cheaper than buying a new core and still have
to pay for the support.

Maybe it would be a nice way out if these companies would take over the
licensing and guarantee the usage. I am pretty sure that this is the case
right now, but maybe we should clarify it out? Maybe that would help
companies (especially big ones) to reduce possible business/licensing risks.

best regards,
Marko