Re: [oc] VGA Interface

On Wednesday 20 March 2002 17:15, you wrote:
> Ali Mashtizadeh wrote:
> > The vga interface to the vga_lcd controller is 8 bits for each, r,g,b,
> > how exactly does that interface to a monitor? And can someone email me
>
> You need a DAC.. (: There are plenty of VGA compatible DACs out there
> that will convert the digital rgb into RS343 compatible signals that are
> plugged directly into the vga monitor..

Oddly - last I looked about 12 months ago there are NOT alot of RAMDAC's on
the market anymore.  This has all  moved "on-chip" with all the high-end
graphics manufacturers now so this is a VERY hard item to find.  The one we
did find was obsolete though the manufacturer was willing to build them again
if we had the numbers.

There are some CCIR601 or maybe it's CCIR665 (it has been 12 months) around
but this is a different standard. If I recall, they are all favoring YUV now.
Do the folks who did the core have somthing they can recommend that I'm not
aware of, and if so - could they please make it public!

Steve Wilson