Re: [oc] Silicon Implementation

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 07:48:54AM -0800, Ali Mashtizadeh wrote:

I forgot to mention the scan , membist and jtag tools tools needed
for the asic too.

> Can you suggest a FAST FPGA that uses Antifuse or NVRAM? 300K to 500K.
> Cheap and low power? Price is more important than power I will probably
> have to use a Li-ion battery anyways.

Can you give me a hint as to what 'fast' is here and how many registers may
clock at that rate?  approx how many IO, what flavor, what speed.

400k asic gates would be 20Kff's, but if you are using
fgpa accounting could be less.
Actel have biggish antifuse stuff.
Cypress has ee stuff that large.
quiklogic has/had some interesting stuff too.

the sram based things (eg virtex or spartan out of Xilinx, apex and
acex out of Altera is a two chip solution, not one,  but usually is
lower power.    I [refer these architectures.
some of them now have encrypted bitmaps for security if thats the
issue.  Soldering down those ball grids will be a pain.

I'm sure there are a bunch more I've not looked at or forgotten..

john