[oc] Reports: Hardware video acceleration!

Hi, I wanted to report on what I have just learned about how hardware video
acceleration works.

I just got a new card and began exploring this question when I found that
my windows 3.11 MPEG-1 player wouldn't work with it. =(((((

What happens is that the video stream comes out of the de-compressor in YUV
format. Instead of doing the RGB conversion and scaling in software, the
program can make calls to the video card which will give the program a YUV
buffer and then the hardware will take over and do all the conversion and
scaling. So even on a relatively weak computer such as mine, high resolution
full speed video can be displayed! =)

--
Are you sure there are only five basic questions?
(who, what, where, when, and how)

http://users.erols.com/alangrimes/