Re: [oc] Interested in helping out

David Kessner wrote:

> I would estimate that the microcode for a 68000 would take up
> about 500 to 1000 Virtex "slices", and about 1500 to 2000 slices for
> the whole 68000.  At the same time you can make an efficient and very
> fast 32-bit RISC CPU for about 2000 slices-- including cache
> controllers and the like.

Maybe. But there are many designs that could benefit from it, especially
from 68000 substitute implementation. In typical 68000 system not all of internal
68000
gimmics are used. How many designs actually use BERR or synchronous interface ?
Same goes for cycle restart, halt etc...
"Complex" instructions like multiplication and division could be trapped etc.

> I'm not saying that a 68000 is impossible-- just very difficult.

I believe that. But 68000-implementation would be fun nevertheless...

<REST SNIPPED>