Re: [oc] Interested in helping out

Andrew,

you can do a lot even without actual hardware. Of course it is nice to
eventually turn on some LEDs on development board but gate-level simulators
can simulate your design very good and often your design will work in real
FPGA if it works on gate-level simulator (at least this is my experience
with Xilinx Foundation and Virtex FPGAs ...).

> What is the suggested development hardware (ie FPGA development kit,
> OCRP-1 board, etc.) for somone looking to be a part of an OpenCores
> team?  What software will I need?  And most importantly (being a
> student), how much will this cost me?

You can of course join the queue of all interested for OCRP-1 or get some
other FPGA board (or PLD).

Regarding your work: you can help with existing design, start something new,
... It depends what you would like to do.

regards, Damjan