[oc] Interested in helping out

Hi there,

After becoming really interested in chip design (from a lab course at my
university), I figured I'd investigate joining the team at OpenCores.org
to see if I could lend a hand.  There's a few questions that I have,
though...

What is the suggested development hardware (ie FPGA development kit,
OCRP-1 board, etc.) for somone looking to be a part of an OpenCores
team?  What software will I need?  And most importantly (being a
student), how much will this cost me?

I'm a third year computer engineering student at the University of
British Columbia, and after designing an 8-bit embedded processor as
part of a course, I realized that designing chips was the bridge I was
looking for between programming and doing circuit design.  I would love
to contribute something to OpenCores, but I'm not sure where my
contributions are needed.  School is still in session, but I should have
some free time starting in mid-April, and if I manage to get a summer
job, I should be able to purchase some development hardware/software so
I can really work on it.

It looks like my summer employment will be in software engineering
again, so it would be great to do some hardware design on the side to
keep myself from going crazy.

Cheers,
Andrew "Skippy" Martens

http://www.mp3.com/benzene - tell the world about the sound of Benzene!
http://skippy.dhs.org/ - newly redesigned and not widely tested on most browsers

This message was sent with the demo version of Postmaster, a BeOS mail client.
For more information, please visit http://kennyc.com/postmaster