Re: [oc] Would OR1K becomes next 8051 or 6502?

> I could try it!
> After I study it thoroughly, I'll post it and let's discuss that!
> But it'll be a great challenge for me to write compiler.

Well if you describe it good enough in a document then I or somebody else
can modify current or1k gcc to output correct code. Compiler is quite easy.
Also you can try to add support in or1ksim. Just clone cpu/or1k directory
and modify cpu/or1k/execute.c. With compiler and simulator first 'C'
programs can be run using your OR16.

Currently the problems are with assembler. But if you use or1.h description
of instructions (see in egcs-1.1.2 sources under binutils somewhere; I can't
remember just now where exactly is that file) then once all bugs are removed
from assembler the only thing to assemble for OR16 would be to replace or1.h
with yours.

regards, Damjan