Re: [oc] Would OR1K becomes next 8051 or 6502?

> 4. OR16(16-bit) ISA could be made more stand-alone and
>    we could make it embedded into OR1K with one OR16 decompressor
>     block.

If we want a complete 16-bit insn subclass then it first should be defined.
Currently only a couple of very oftenly used insns are 16-bit. So code is
much smaller (but this is not yet supported in assembler; assembler treats
them as 32 bit insns with lower 16 bits set to 0!). It would make perhaps
sense to make a complete 16 bit insn class. Anyone want to define it?

^^^^^
I could try it!
After I study it thoroughly, I'll post it and let's discuss that!
But it'll be a great challenge for me to write compiler.
After all, all men make things better.
Be well!
Jimmy