Re: [oc] Verilog coding style for Open Cores-RTL - Case in point SHA1

First I would like to say that I'm  a hardware engineer
 who can write that odd bit of software too and I don't
 have  nor would I like to have an associations with
 cheap SW designers ;-)

SystemC is more for system modeling (HW+SW) some
 complex SoCs like the E-GOLD GSM Chipset from Infenieon
 used SystemC in it's design process.

Siemens has also been using SystemC for ATM chipsets.

Sysnopys already has the CoCentric compiler for SysyemC synthesis
 and also at the DAC 2003 Synopsys would be showing up at the
 SystemC booth.

If you look at the RTL subset of SystemC you'll notice that it's very
similar
 to VHDL or Verilog RTL subset. So in terms of syhthesis people who don't
have
 experience with pure HDLs won't be able to just write some code in C++ and
 turn it into hardware.

But we'll probably see more executable specifications for SoCs being written
 in SystemC.