Re: [oc] linux xilinx webpack programming

>> under wine? I have a parallel cable IV.
>>
>> (XC9572 is the device currently in question )
>>
>> Programming works for me under Win2000 but not under winXP

> I built a Parallel Cable III and it will program an XC9536 under WinXP.
> Check your BIOS settings to make sure your parallel port is set for EPP.
> Maybe there's a Wine setting for that, too?

(sorry for the bad quoting, only read the digest before and just started the
subscription)

At least webpack-5.2 and to the best of my knowledge also 5.1 and probably
4.1 only use the  Windriver system driver to access the hardware. Wine can't
load this driver and probably never will load it. So no way to use impact.

Lee,

can you please confirm that you used some version of impact to programm
Xilinx parts through the parallel cable? Can you find out what version you
use? Is that version still downloadable?

Although naxjp "http://www.nahitech.com/nahitafu/naxjp/naxjp-e.html" is not
complete you can try to use it with Linux. It saved my day in some
situations.

Bye