[oc] serial port 1:1 connection

Hai
  I just mailed regarding the rs232 , i want to add some more points
regarding that, the pc here which by default always acts as the DTE ,
will be only accepting the data and the device when is connected to the
pc acts as a sender, now the manufacturer has said that the equipment
will be connected in the 1:1 mode but how the hell can the pc read the
data from a like machine. only solution is that it can be connected in the
1:1 mode .
Any one with solution mail me at the earliest