Re: [oc] SourceForge?

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, John Dalton wrote:

> The two main reservations I would have to using SourceForge itself are:
>
> 1) I'm wary of the infant free hardware stuff getting lost in the deluge
> of open source software.  Foundries may be a partial solution to this?
>
> 2) Also (maybe slightly paranoid), with the current turbulance
> on the Internet, I'm wary of putting too many resources under one
> umbrella.  It appears that the software running SourceForge is not free
> and running a local version of SourceForge costs money. To my
> knowledge, mirroring is not possible (please correct me if I am wrong).

If you were going to do this, it would be worth looking at openH.org,
a sourceforge-derived setup currently concentrating on board design,
and with some plans for adding more hardware-development-specific features
to the base sourceforge code.

But I'm pretty sure the sourceforge software is free - even the fsf
are starting to use it.

Graham