RE: [oc] ECC CVS Repository Start

On 22-Apr-2000 M. Zalfany Urfianto wrote:
> As this might be the basic for a larger Viterbi Decoder, we really
> wait
> to hear from you. Any comments and suggestion would be gladly
> accepted.

Hi!

My final study work covers an estimation of the hardware
resource consumption of a channel coding FPGA in GSM.
Part of this work was the programming of a
Viterbi Decoder suitable to decode the different GSM coding
schemes. It is configurable. But it due to the lack of
time I didn't see it working in an FGPA. :-(
The design needs an Xilinx Virtex 600 because of a blocklength
of 612 output bits (rate = 1/3, K=7) in the worst case stored in
the internal RAM of the Virtex.
I don't know if I can offer the code because this work
was done at Lucent in Nuernberg, Germany together with
the Fachhochschule Nuernberg (in English: University
of Applied Science...sounds much better ;-)))  ).

Regards
  Thomas

---
 EMail:    thomas.hedler@fen.baynet.de