xilinx development software

As previously mentioned, I spent the day in the Xilinx/Insight/Synplicity/
Memec "Xfest" seminar.  A little uneven, but pretty good stuff overall.

I spoke with our rep (Harvey Ehrenholz of Electrosource here in Calgary),
and explained the need for getting low/zero-cost tools into the hands of
open core developers.  He's agreed to supply eval (ie time-locked) copies
of the Xilinx Foundation suite to those who ask.  Once the 90 days (or
whatever it is) has elapsed, he/we can see what options exist.  If good
work is coming from developers, he can make a strong argument to Xilinx
to provide permanent licenses.  After all, it's in Xilinx's interests to
have as many cores - and enthusiastic users - for their parts on the
street as possible, right?

Drop him a note:  harvey_ehrenholz@electro-source.ca

Jonathan