[oc] Ethernet Mac

After a few weeks of lurking about the list, I am curious if there is a
team organized to work on the Ethernet MAC yet.  If there is I would
like to offer to assist.  I have some vhdl knowledge along with a strong
background in software engineering.  If no one has started on this core
yet I would be willing to start/lead a team for the MAC core.  I am a
member of a university research lab that does system on a chip and mixed
signal design.  We are very interested in the development of opencores
and I will be badgering^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpursuading some of the others
to lend a hand where possible.

As for tools, any suggestions/comments on the usefulness of Alliance,
SAVANT, and FreeHDL, aside from the fact that none of them can
synthesize to Xilinx bitstreams? (my computer setup does not include M$
products anymore than absolutely necessary)

Jason