RE: [oc] OCRP-1

I am of a similar feeling, I don't mind forking out a couple of hundred so I
can get started and do something, I don't want to pay for expensive software
tools when free ones are available.

In any opensource project I always advocate everyone to be working in the
same direction (i.e. minimize code forks), and I certainly see that the
Xilinx chips are good and there are *some* free tools [just not anything
decent :( ]  perhaps this is a case whereby a diversity could be an
advantage?  Is there any Altera boards that could be standardized on?  I
would hate everyone to be using something different as that makes it harder
to help each other out when problems crop up, but supporting several
different brands probably makes for better (more portable) designs.

	cya,	Andrew...
PS:bear in mind I'm all the way down in Oz so I have to hammer chips out of