Re: [[oc] Verification Initiative]

Hi,

As I understood you want to make a formal verification methodology, Is it
right?
so you want to design some kind of language that takes some senarios and
inject them to the HDL code. I think it should be independent of HDL with some
kind of interface to each language like drivers for hardware.

Anyhow this project is so important because we need always to have such tool.
for my self I tried to do a simple testbench and I send it to the opencores
mailing list but now I found that it is not generic enough and needs more
modifications. so we need more suggestions

Jamil Khatib

aldigm@talk21.com wrote:

Hi all,

I've been talking with Damjan recently about starting a verification parallel
for the opencores initative.  The verification effort would concentrate on
packages and methodologies for functional verification, developing bus
functional models for commercial (and ofcourse opencore) components which
would help in the verifiation of these components and also make it easier to
integrate these components into products.
The goal of the effort is quite different from the opencores aim in that we
will never produce any actual hardware.  That introduces some very important
differences which are the reasons i think this effort should be distinct.
First of all there is the language use.  The verification can be implmented
using the full language suite and uses different coding styles.  Then there is
the licensing issues.  the verification code is never used in the final
product so the licensing issues which surround opencores don't apply to
verification.  Finally i think it's important that the projects and teams are
not too closely linked.  We shouldn't always be working on the same things.

Any thoughts, comments, worries or questions?

I think this is a worthwhile effort.  Many academic projects around the world
develop models which could be collected and controlled.

Andrew.

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at
http://www.talk21.com

pls: replay to khatib@ieee.org

Thanks
Jamil Khatib