[oc] RE: MAC suggestions

Hi,

>Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:29:23 -0800
>From: <Sagheer.Ahmad@infineon.com>

>I was thinking about .............if it makes sense to pass the
multiplier
>results directly to MR1mux also.

We have a path to bypass Accumulator(adder) from multiplier result to
MR1mux.

> we forward the lower 16bits from multiplier directly to MXmux (i.e.
>we have a forward path from multiplier to MXmux). and let  all the 32
>bits of the result also go through MR1mux.

Data forwarding can be a point when we face any timing issues after this
MAC is ported onto any target DSP. But as such we have a path to bypass
Accumulator and goto Rbus & to Mxmux. We need not worry about forwarding
lower 16 bits of multiplier result now.

> This would be very effective if the muliplication result does't exceed
16bits

>or we need to multiply three numbers ( we can save one accumulator
cycle ).

This can be done with the existing path.

Regards
Harish
Tired of limited space on Yahoo and Hotmail?
Free 100 Meg email account available at http://www.dacafe.com