Re: [oc] Beyond Transmeta...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin.J Thompson" <Martin.J.Thompson@trw.com>
To: <cores@opencores.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 2:07 AM
Subject: Re: [oc] Beyond Transmeta...

> >> you will need also bigger caches, since you have more fine grained
> >executions,
> >> etc.
> >
> >Not so. There likely would be no cache. A good design could have the
> >entire working set in some phase of computation (transformation).
> >

> I haven't followed this thread too closely, but what happens when an
interrupt happens?  Do you have to throw away everything in the pipe and
restart after the interrupt is over?

You are viewing the system as a single point of conciousness. Whereas it is
better experssed as a mash of items being processed concurrently. An event
(interrupt) is no different than a carry from an addition. Nothing stops
everything, only behavior changes.

Jim Dempsey