Re: [oc] Beyond Transmeta...

I can't help myself....

On Thursday 13 February 2003 16:55, Lars Segerlund wrote:
>   Brains consume about 300 Watt's of power on standby, and somwhere
> around 1500+ Watt's at full 'power'.

But I heard the energy in peanut can keep the brain going for 2 hours.
But considering the 100Hz clock, even that it sounds a bit high ;o)

Also tried running the brain on AAA batteries, but DC-Glucose converter still
has some quirks and doesn't function.

;o)

>, the wrinkels on the human brain are
> cooling fins, and the brain has a rather elaborate cooling system, also

Thought the wrinkles on the brain was related to the wrinkles in the
forhead/face, but more distinct, due to its proximity. Theory;

frequency * wavelength = speed in medium,

hence if wavelength (standing wave) ~1cm and frequency 100Hz, the speed in the
brain  would be around 1 meter per second, compared to the average computer
at  200-300 million meters per second.

> it uses more than 7 'neurons' for each bit it represents and more in the
> interconnect, I don't think it has got a low power consumtion at it's
> rated operating frequency of around 100 Hz. Furthermore, it's stressed
> to the limit most of the time it's operating, it does seem to have
> someting better than a alfa-beta prunin though as it still manages to
> function :-).

"Stressed to the limit", hmmm?? I thought it is mainly inoperable, idle and
"rusty".

Niclas