Re: [oc] Beyond Transmeta...

> > Ok, I would agree, that function calls can be cutted out.
> > But loops? I don't think so. Loops are actually a way of dinamically
> > duplicating pieces of code/logic. You need some sort of "loops".
>
> You are falling into a common trap of assuming you code the same way
> for both computing environments. (iow you are attempting to use the
> same paradigm). This is an entirely different way of processing.
>
> Using this visualization tool:
>
> Consider the traditional CPU design as a six armed wonder worker
> scurrying about a manufacturing plant at blazing speed to build a
> complicated
> product.
>
> Consider the bit streaming method as having 10,000 one armed workers
> doing trivial tasks.
Ok, I see where are you aiming -- you want to create biological system, not
brain like, but gene like (reproducing part of chains, etc).
I thougth you wanted to create classical array of presented multi data multi
phase processors.
Still I don't understand how would you manage huge amounts of communciation.
For example in cells you have shared liquid where molecules are exchanged;
but everything happens so slowly.
So, how did you wanted to solve communication -- it presents >90% brainwork of
your design.

> I would think that Alen Turing would find this a logical extension of his
> Turing
> Machine concept. Instead of an infinite long tape that the "simple" machine
> traverses you dynamically snip and reconstitute the tape(s) and route
> it(them)
> through 1,000's - 1,000,000's of "simple" machines.
I don't know if you noted but "dynamically snip" can be very hard problem, I
would say as hard as solving the problem itself.
Maybe this new machine is not computationaly equivalent anymore if you do not
supply all the tape to each machine. Besides Turing machine requires endless
tape, which your machines do not have if you make fixed distributions.

I would rather think of your machine as an 'expert system' -- 1000 machines
sharing the same tape and replacing (=calculating) parts they are able to.

Marko