RE: [oc] C to HDL? Didn't realise the situation was that bad

Jecel,

I think you've missed the original point of doing a C to HDL translator.
We are not trying to make a super-great new HDL, the whole aim is to
allow existing C/C++ programmers to (with a couple of small modifications)
automatically translate their existing programs and skill in writing
those programs into something that can be used in hardware projects.
I myself have almost a decade of profession C/C++ programming and can
code things in C/C++ faster than I can tell people the ideas for it.
Most programmers are so hard pushed on deadlines that sitting down to
learn another language is just too off-putting for them. Getting up to
speed on a new language can take months which costs the company or the
individual money.

My excuse is I'm lazy, I decided that the few days to write the basic
version of a C++ to Verilog translator was easier than weeks of trying
to learn a new language. So far I've been right. Plus I now have some
American firm asking for my resume! Crazy world egh, whatever next?

Paul