[oc] Handel-C replacement, replacement name first me thinks!

Martin,

Windows? YUK, I've finally found a use for MS Windows CDs, they make good
tea coasters. Too many bugs in MS code for my liking.

My primary thinking is to do a little program that can parse a C program and
translate it straight into VHDL so people could then fine-tune it as
necessary if they wish. I'm still a VHDL newbie but if I would like to code
a Linux style mini-kernel in an FPGA (CPU+Linux Kernel in a ASIC?),
ambitious yes but if they can do a TCP/IP stack with the DK1 suite then I'm
sure I can go one better. I've looked at all their manuals and can see some
major areas for improvement in their software (not just the name!). What I
would love to see though is some VHDL code generated by one of their example
C programs to see how they think the VHDL side should be done. I'm already
using a very basic C to VHDL program which seems to be working quite well.
Have a look at my "Sequential processing in FPGAs" post which includes a
sample of its output and let me know what you think. VHDL is still a
minefield of new learning for me so any help in this area will be much
appreciated.

Although if Celoxica want to buy the program off me rather than let me make
it shareware then you won't just have my gratitude for helping you'll also
receive a financial reward too. Their website says they have $30 million in
venture capital so I can always dream. rotflmbo

Paul McFeeters

Handel-C is copyright of Celoxica, Buffy-C hmmm might be copyright of me ;-)