[oc] i2c core with DS1621 (temp sensor)

I'm having some problems getting this to compile using MAX+plus II v.9.23.  I'm using a student version of MAX+plus II.  There error is as follows:

VHDL version error:  IS in a component declaration is a VHDL 1993 feature, but project is being compiled for VHDL 1987

Is there anyway to correct this?  If I can't use MAX+plus II then will LeoSpec work?

Has anyone used the simple core with this temp sensor?  I'm assuming it will work, but not positive.

Thanks,

Rob