Re: [oc] promotion & sponsors

Nick Ali wrote:

> > > How about weekly status meetings online, something that can help bring
> > > everyone somewhat up to date on what is happening with the other projects.
> > > Maybe on IRC?  or a specific mailing list for status updates?
> > >

> > I don't mind to come to IRC. I am not sure what others think about irc. In a
> > way more personal way of communication for this would be good. Anyway if you
> > would all prefer a mailing list then we can create it (but what is wrong
> > with cores list?).
>
> IRC is good for me.
>
> There is nothing wrong with the cores list, but I think it is going to get
> flooded if all the projects start rolling.

Once a project gets rolling, it will probably need its own mailing list
just to keep the main mailing list clean.

And...   It would take our fearless leader less than 60 seconds of
pointing and clicking in order to create a new project mailing list at
SourceForge, complete with mail archives, primo spam protection and all
that other jazz.  Not to mention that they will host your web and FTP
sites on ultra-high-bandwidth lines, with the load spread across
multiple high availability servers, maintained by a paid admin staff
(yes "paid admin staff", not just "admin").

<plug plug>   I'm not a VA employee, just a pleased-with-sourceforge
open source developer  ;-)

--
Jeff Garzik              | My to-do list is a function
Building 1024            | which approaches infinity.