[oc] GNUChips Project

We are setting up a project on
Sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net) for core development.
The aim is to design cores and also development of software tools
for designing, testing/verifying and synthesis of these cores.

All code releases are under GPL. We are planning to concentrate
on building first a video core (3D support for accelerating OpenGL
operations
which will also include a VGA compatible accelerated 2D raster support).

I was going through your site and I saw that you are in need of people
to take over the development of a VGA core.
We are interested in co-operative development. Actually, most of us
are new to chip design. So we thought the best thing would be for
us to take up a chip project and also build software tools along
the way.

Give us your opinion. As soon as our webpages are ready, we'll
put up links to your site (http://www.opencores.org). You can
check out our project page at:

http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=2420

We have our own mailing lists and project space for our projects
on sourceforge. So we won't be needing any from opencores.org.

- muks

ps: if anyone is interested in contributing for the video chip,
please join our mailing list accessible from our project page.