Re: [oc] NIC controller etc?

Joe Zott:
> Get an Ethernet chip with an ISA interface. Hang it off the address/data bus.
>
> But, an open Ethernet core would be something completely different.
>
> Any analog designers out there?

My dad, but he is retired. On the other hand, an Ethernet core is entirely
digital so is well within what I can do.

May I suggest this development board:

  http://www.xess.com/prod014.html

It has a nice analog fast Ethernet PHY chip, so you can focus on the digital
MAC core. Such a core is available from CoreEl Microsystems if you don't care
about free and open stuff. The transmitter takes up 649 CLBs in the 4000EX
series and 440 slices on a Virtex. The receiver is 283 CLBs and 332 slices.

-- Jecel