Re: [oc] Volunteer for GPL'd CAD tool

> Xilinx has a java library called JBits, which provides a programatic
> interface for building bitstreams.  I think it would be realistic to
> build a backend place/route tool with JBits.  Unfortunately I haven't
> had a chance to play with it very much, since it doesn't support any
> of the older Xilinx parts I have on my prototyping boards.
>
> 	- Cotton

Is JBits generally available? The jbits webpage still says
'jbits will be available over the web 1Q99'
(http://www.xilinx.com/xilinxonline/jbits.htm)
but there is a list of distributors there. I followed that
thought to the first one (Annapolis) and could only find a
press release from 1998! The 2nd in the list (VCC) doesn't
have it in their product list.. I gave up after that..

Graham