December 2006 (#133):
- NewsBytes, by Aditya Nag and Samuel Kotel Bisbee-vonKaufmann
News in General - Conferences and Events - Distro News - Software and Product News
- Easy Shell Scripting, by Blessen Cherian
A basic overview of shell scripting (co-authored by LG proofing team.)
- Installing Knoppix, by Edgar Howell
Edgar Howell's _third_ experience installing Knoppix on an 8-year-old notebook.
- Plotting the spirograph equations with 'gnuplot', by Víctor Luaña
Gnuplot's internal programming capabilities can be used to plot the continuous and segmented versions of the spirograph equations; the author has developed an extensible mini-language, mixing gawk and gnuplot programming, that lets the user combine any number of generalized spirographic patterns in a design.
- Poor Man's Laptop: Richer Features, by Gerrit Renker
Second part of an article detailing mobile computing using a USB stick
- Learning about Linux Processes, by Amit Saha
Learning about Linux kernel processes.
- The Monthly Troubleshooter: The USB Subsystem, by The Answer Gang
The Answer Gang explains the ins-and-outs of USB under Linux.
- HelpDex, by Shane Collinge
Shane's toons. Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.
- Ecol, by Javier Malonda
The Ecol comic strip, by Javier Malonda, written for escomposlinux.org (ECOL)
- The Geekword Puzzle, by Samuel Kotel Bisbee-vonKaufmann
A Linux and FOSS vocabulary brain teaser. Some of the clues and answers will be purposefully obscure in the hopes that you will look them up once you have completed the puzzle.
or read TWDT
Members of the LG Staff who provided additional services in this issue:
- Proofing/Technical Editing: Samuel Kotel Bisbee-vonKaufmann, Martin Greaney, Rick Moen, Dave Richardson
, Steve Brown
- Pull Quotes: Jakob Nylin
- TeX consultant: Karl-Heinz Herrmann